Kid Inc. Clothing collects information from and about you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use the Services, register for an account, make a purchase, participate in promotional activities, sign up for our newsletters or email lists, register for a loyalty program, participate in a product review, survey, or other similar programs, or otherwise contact or communicate with us. The information we collect may include your name, billing and/or shipping address or zip/postal code, phone number, email address, photographs, date of birth. For example, you also may provide us with certain information in connection with specific transactions:
Information Automatically Collected
For example, we may collect information such as your domain type, browser version, operating system type or mobile device model, service provider, IP address or MAC address, mobile device identifier or other unique identifier, and Wi-Fi networks that you connect to. We also may collect information about your use of the Site or App, including the date and time you visit, the areas or pages that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site. The number of times you return, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site or App, and other sites or apps that you may visit. In addition, we may collect other information about the technical efficiencies of our Site and services, such as the time to connect to our Site, time to download pages and the number of times different pages are visited.
Third Party Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising : We also may use third party advertising, analytics, and tracking tools to better understand who is using the Site. To support this interest-based advertising solution, we, or our service providers (such as ad networks and other advertising companies), may collect and use information about your visits to our Site or App and to other websites (such as web pages you visit and your response to ads), and/or information from your mobile device and email. These third parties may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, tracer tags, pixel tags, log files, flash cookies, or other technologies to collect and store this information. They may also combine information they collect from your interaction with the Site or App with information they collect from other sources.
Information Collected From Other Sources
- Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase, we collect payment information to process the payment. Depending on the form of payment you choose this may include credit or debit card, PayPal, or Apple Pay applicable details.
- Interactions through Social Media. You may also engage with our content on or through third party social networking sites, such as Facebook or Instagram. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party services. This may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we collect from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect, with information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
The Children’s Place may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your order (including to process payment transactions, arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone).
- To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site or App.
- To contact you with information, newsletters, or promotional materials from The Children’s Place or on behalf of our affiliates and partners.
- To provide you with personalized or customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site or App, via email, through push notifications, on your shopping receipt, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services.
- To use your device location information to determine your physical proximity to our Stores when you use the App and elect to use such features. These features may be used to help you locate nearby Stores or to provide you with deals or coupons based on your device’s location.
- To use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for our analytical and demographic purposes.
- To review the usage and operations of our Services, develop new products or services, and to enhance or improve our content, products and services.
- To address problems with the Services, our business, or our products and services.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business.
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
The Children’s Place may share the information we collect from or about you as follows:
- (1) Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes. Such affiliates and subsidiaries may also act in the role of service provider.
- (2) Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers that provide us with business, professional, advertising or technical support, help us operate our business and the Services, or administer activities or other functions on our behalf. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our service providers in the US or other jurisdictions. For further information about the manner in which our service providers process your personal information, contact the Privacy Officer as set out below.
- (3) Co-Branded Relationships: Certain areas of our Services may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties as specified at the time of collection of your personal information if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- (5) Legal Matters; Safety: We may disclose your information to respond to subpoenas, judicial process or government requests and investigations (which may include lawful access by US, Canadian or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), or in connection with any investigation on matters related to public safety, or as required or otherwise permitted by applicable law. We may disclose your information to protect the security of our Services, servers, network systems, and databases or in the course of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud. We also may disclose your information as necessary, if we believe that there has been a violation of our Terms and Conditions, any other legal document or contract related to our Services, or the rights of any third party.
- (6) Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets: We may sell or purchase assets during the normal course of business. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be disclosed or transferred as part of any prospective or completed merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider. In the unlikely event any insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership, or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, your information may also be transferred as a business asset.
- (7) Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may share aggregate, or anonymous, or de-identified information with third parties, including for their marketing or analytics uses.
- (8) Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
We provide our customers with the opportunity to update their information or opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product order or servicing of your product. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may use one of these convenient methods:
- Electronic Promotional Offers. If you do not want to receive emails from us regarding special promotions or offers, you may send us an email; or unsubscribe from our email marketing communications at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related messages from us.
- Mobile Promotional Offers: When you provide us with your mobile number for marketing purposes, we may send you certain marketing alerts via text message. Standard data and message rates will apply. If you no longer wish to receive mobile alerts from us, you can follow the instructions provided in those messages or otherwise reply STOP to any The Children’s Place alert.
- Push Notifications: When you use the Site, you may receive push notifications. If you prefer not to receive push notifications, you may adjust your settings on your mobile device.
Access to or Updating of Your Information
If you wish to access, update, or correct inaccuracies in other personal information in our custody and control (subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law). We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Any information you may disclose on our Site, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Site or other third-party websites, applications, or services that this Site may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas. We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.